Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mentor Interview

1) What is your full name?
My full name is Patricia Cusack.

2) Where are you from ( city, state, country )?
I am originally from the state of Pennsylvania in Pitchburk.

3 ) Where did you go to college? For how long? Do you plan to go back to school?
I actually went to three colleges. THe first college I went to was Dominican University in Columbus Ohio for three years.The second college I went to was Xavier University.The third college I went to was Columbia University in New York. I don't plan to go back to school because I have the highest degree there is to have.

4) What was your major in college and what kind of degree did you earn? Did you attend graduate scholl for an advanced degree? If yes, what degree and where?
My major was working in the education field. I earned my undergraduate degree in Dominican University in Ohio.
My first master degree in xavier University. My second master in Columbia University and my doctoral degree inColumbia University also.

5) Why did you choose your professionel field?
I chose this professionel field because I thought that I can make a difference in the field of education for professionels.

6) what got you involved in this field of work? What inspired you to do it?
I got involved in tis field of work because I wanted to make heath care stronger by bringing my education backround to health care.

7) Why did you choose this particular job at this particular company?
I chose this particular job at this paricular company because I wanted to work in a Catholic hospital. Saint Vincent is a Catholic hospital.

8) How long have you worked here?
I been woking at Saint Vincent's since 1995. In another word, I been working here for 14 years.

9) What is your job title?
My job title is Director of volunteer services.

10) What do your duties include? Or what kinds of work does your job involve?
The kinds of work that is involve in my job is administration, directing the entire department. I direct over hundreds of volunteers.

11) what are some of the challenges you have faced working here?
The challenges is that I don't have a big enough staff. I need more space for my department and my volunteers.

12) What is the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is have the opportunity to meet all different kind of people who are so generous and heling the patients.

13) What is something you would like to change about your job?
If I would change something I wish that I can have a full time record paper.

14) Did you worked somewhere else before this job? Where? For how long? How was that similar/ different?
In Columbia Ohio I was an assistant super attendent of schools. Over all the principals, I was in charge of them. The similarity is that I do administration now from what I was doing before. The difference is that before I was in charge of people who were employed, but now I deal with volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment