Friday, April 17, 2009

wee 5 and Beyond - Weekly Vocabulary Assignments

Word: IV
Meaning: IV is into a vein.
Context: The nurses mostly put the IV into the patient vein to help them gain the blood they neede by diffusion.

Word: stretcher
Meaning: strecher is a medical device to carry casualties or an incapacitated person from one place to another.
Context: Stretchers are so hard to find in the hospital where I intern because everyone is looking for one to transport patients.

Word: Lobby
Meaning: lobby is a room in a building which is used.for entry from the outside.
Context: I always transport patients to the lobby because I work at the transportation department.

Word: orientation
Meaning: an introduction as to guide one in adjusting to new surrounding, employment or activity.
Context: Before I began my internship, rather than having interviews, we had an oriatation with our mentor.

Word: Isolation
Meaning: the state of being separated.
Context: Before the nurses or anyone else goes to the isolation rooms, they have to wear protection ( mask and a special cloth ) before they enter the rooms.

Word: Exellence
Meaning: an attitude which recognizes that we can always be more and be better.
Context: In the orientation, my mentor told me exellence is our way of demostratind that we can always be more and always better in our job.

Word: compassion
Meaning: an attitude of deep concern and love toward each person.
Context: My mentor told me compassion is the way we share deep concern, love and care toward our patients.

1 comment: