Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week 3 - Life as a High School Intern

First of all, when I reach at my internship, I go to my first mentor to say hello with a good smile and I ask her about her day. Then I sign in by the computer. I put on my volunteer uniform and my ID I got from the department. After that, I goes to my assigned job, meaning the nursing or the transportation because each one of these has a different day for my attendence. I am not working alone. I am actually working with my friend Mariama. But the are also two others girls who works in the same hospital as us. I work in two kinds of space. The first one is a nursing floor and it's called smith 7. The floor is clean and the are isolation charts in the hallway. Just next to the elevator the is a litle reception where you can get help by the nurses and doctors if you were looking for a patient. I n the nursing floor, the are mostly old people who have many different heath propblems such as high blod pressure, disabilities etc... My other working space is called the transportation department which is located in the basement. This place is actually my mentor's office. Transporters goes there to be informed if they have a patient to transport in different parts of te hospital or to the lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment